LocalSprout Grows Solutions
San Antonio is growing quickly. Along with its population, the city's commercial development and waistlines are burgeoning. Our food isn't healthy, it isn't local, and it isn't sustainable.
LocalSprout is devoted to growing a different San Antonio. With the newest hydroponic technology, we can grow healthy and sustainable produce in the same city we are selling it.
Our goals are simple:
- Increase access to healthy food for all people
- Reduce the environmental impact of food production
- Teach everyone about a better food system
What do we grow? Well, that's up to you.
Our system is set up to grow almost any salad green or herb, including specialty items like pak choi, dandelion greens, and Thai basil. If there is something you've always wanted but haven't been able to find in South Texas, give us a call and we'll see if we can grow it for you. Call 603-759-9781 to inquire.
Hydroponic systems grow plants without soil. Instead, they bathe the plants' roots in water infused with all the essential minerals and nutrients. The nutrient-laden water is then recirculated for re-use and adjusted to give the plants exactly what they need.
How does our growing technique make us different?
- We're 100% pesticide free.
- We are GAP certified, the USDA's highest standard of food safety.
- We grow an acre's worth of crops in just 400 square feet.
- Our plants use less than 1% of the water of even organic soil farms.
- Our closed-loop system means that no fertilizer runs off either into our atmosphere or our rivers.
- Growing in the same city that we sell in allows us to cut over 95% of the emissions associated with transportation.
- We can grow any of our plants at any time of year.
- We deliver the same day that our plants are harvested.